Foods that strengthen the immune system
There are many foods that contribute to strengthening the work of the immune system and strengthening it against diseases.
- Among these foods are the following:
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits contain vitamin C, which increases the production of white blood cells that help to fight infection, and from citrus fruits; Grapefruit, oranges, tangerines, lemons, and clementines, and it should be noted that the body cannot store vitamin C, and therefore it should be consumed from its natural sources on a daily basis to get the most benefit from this vitamin.
- Red capsicum: Red capsicum is one of the nutritional sources rich in vitamin C. It contains twice the amount of vitamin C present in the same amount of citrus fruits. It is also a rich source of beta-carotene, which strengthens the immune system and maintains healthy skin and skin.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a vegetable rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as many antioxidants and fiber.
- Garlic: Garlic helps strengthen the immune system because it contains sulfur-rich compounds, such as allicin, and helps lower blood pressure and slow the hardening of the arteries.
- Ginger: Ginger helps reduce inflammation in general in the body, in addition to reducing sore throats and many other diseases.
- Yogurt: It is recommended to eat yogurt, which contains beneficial bacteria, because of its importance in helping to stimulate the immune system and increasing its ability to fight diseases, and yogurt milk is a good source of vitamin D, which regulates the work of the immune system and strengthens it to fight diseases.
- Almonds: Almonds are one of the food sources rich in Vitamin E, which is necessary for the functioning of the immune system, and it can be said that half a cup of almonds, or the equivalent of 46 pieces of almonds, provides 100% of the daily needs of vitamin E.
- Green and black tea: Tea is rich in flavonoids that act as antioxidants, and it should be said that green tea contains a greater amount of antioxidants that enhance the work of the immune system compared to black tea that has been fermented, and green tea is a good source of one of the amino acids that help in The production of special compounds that contribute to the fight against germs.
- Papaya: Papaya is one of the fruits rich in vitamin C, and it contains a special enzyme that has anti-inflammatory effects, in addition to potassium, vitamin B, and folic acid, which all enhance the work of the immune system.
- Kiwi: Kiwi contains many elements that enhance the functioning of the immune system, such as folic acid, potassium, vitamin K, and vitamin C.
- Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seeds contain beneficial elements for the functioning of the immune system, such as phosphorous, magnesium, vitamin B6, and vitamin E.
- Seafood: such as mollusks, crabs, and mussels, as they contain enough zinc that contributes to enhancing the work of the immune system.